Participation for Policy Change
January 12, 2016 | 5 PM – 8 PM
Bethany Church Red Door Room, 115 Main St, Montpelier
Workshop fee: $30. Fill out the form below to register, and continue to Paypal to complete payment.
3 hour workshop
Each Participant will receive their own Participating in Democracy Workbook
This workshop is for anyone who wants to be more effective in the legislative process.
After the Workshop, participants will know:
- How a bill becomes a law
- How to effectively engage in the legislative process
- â€œHow to lobby a legislatorâ€ Role Play
- How do you change their minds? Message vs. Facts
- Statehouse lingo â€“ who are these people and what are they talking about?
- How to find the info they need â€“bill drafts, committee schedules, contact info, etc.
- Difference between â€œlobbyingâ€ and â€œadvocacyâ€ (legal issues for 501c3s)
- How to identify where you can make a difference and the strategies to use and how to decide when to use them
- How to testify effectively at a public hearing and a committee hearing
- How to respond to questions and follow up effectively with policy makers