I will be offering an all-day Action Circles Organizing Workshop on Friday, October 21, 2011, from 9:30 am – 3:30 pm in Berlin, VT. Registration is due by Monday, October 17th. Cost is $90 for the whole day and includes a full-color workbook. Please bring your own lunch. Coffee & Tea will be available.
Here’s what you will learn how to do in the workshop:
- Identify people who are interested in your work or cause and engage them in that work or action
- Identify the infrastructure you need to build a strong organization and movement
- Develop a plan to bring more people into your campaigns and work
- Have more productive meetings and events
- Identify and develop leaders in your organization
- Avoid burnout in yourself and your organization
- Get more done with the same resources
This workshop includes time to actually do some work to get you started. Consider having two or more people from your organization attend, so you can work together during the breakout sessions. This is not required, but can be very helpful.
The session is highly interactive and includes plenty of time for questions and answers. We will all benefit from the knowledge of the group. Come with questions and stories of your own organizing successes.
Please be sure you can attend for the full day before registering.